Wednesday 10 December 2014

The cover lines of my music magazine.

Because i'm making a pop magazine, and my target audience is teenage girls, my cover lines will have to be informal and short but snappy. On my front cover, I  will include cover lines such as 'exclusive gossip and news!' This makes the audience interested and encourages a purchase because they want to know what this news is. Furthermore, if the news is 'exclusive' then the audience will think that there isn't anywhere else to find out the news. Moreover, it also gives a sense of exclusivity if the reader does buy it and it gives the magazine a sense of 'limited edition'.

Other cover lines I might include are 'the interview you have all been waiting for!' This also excites the reader because makes the reader feel as if they will miss out if they don't read and the cover line links to the main boy band theme throughout the magazine.

I will also include a sell line that says 'you can't miss out!' This once again makes the reader desperate and forces into a possible purchase. It is short but snappy and very effective.

As well as this, I will include cover lines that are separate to the main Question and Answer double page spread interview. These could be 'star gets big surprise!' and 'special edition'. I will also include special prizes and the usual competition.

Finally, I will also have links to the 'New year special' edition of the magazine which gives the magazine more 'exclusivity' and 'special edition' feel about it.  However, I won't fill the page with cover lines but instead make it clear and simple for the reader to understand with the big issues clearly advertised on the front cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment